Saturday 9 October 2010

MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version


I encountered this error when I tried launching MS Outlook 2003 from my window 7 OS. I noticed that I had both 2007 & 2003 versions installed on my machine.

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
  1. Start Windows Explorer.
  2. Locate and then open the following folder on your computer:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Msmapi\1033
  3. Right-click the MSMapi32.dll file, and then click Rename.
    Note The file (Msmapi32.dll) that you are renaming differs from the file (Mapi32.dll) that is mentioned in the error message.
  4. Type Msmapi32.old, and then press ENTER to rename the file.
  5. Start Outlook 2003.
If this doesn't resolve the issue ( it did not for me) then rename MAPI32.DLL to MAPI32.old and then restart MS outlook 2003.


  • click here see how to enable hidden administrator account
Click here, if you are having issues with TrustedInstaller protected files or folders.




    Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
    Create your own visitor map

    No comments:

    Post a Comment